Thursday, June 10, 2010

Two Have Become Three (aka What Happened?!)

Okay, so I've joined the blogging revolution. You know, the one that happened a few years ago when I wasn't paying attention? I figured I might as well jump on the bandwagon while the wagon's still there. This is probably one of those things that I'll start, and I'll go with it for a few weeks and/or months, but then I'll get bored and abandon it to start some other short-lived new hobby. But hey... that's okay with me. It's fun entertainment, and it's free. And I am all about free entertainment right now.

So, now to the real topic. My sweet, adorable, bright, charming, sometimes strong-willed, little girl has suddenly become a monster. I'd been warned before that the threes are worse than the twos (a friend of mine calls them the Torturous Threes), but it never really hit home until the screaming began. And once I calmed down, I realized Jewel was screaming too (okay, I know, that was lame). Seriously, though, who flipped that switch and where can I find it? I need to flip it back! I want the little girl back who doesn't scream at bedtime and doesn't have a total meltdown when she doesn't get her way. And who knew that asking 'why' all the time started so early? That, and I think she just keeps getting louder. Do they always have to get louder?

Still, she's more cuddly now, and she can reason out her thoughts. She even started using adverbs the other day... correctly. I love listening to her tell about experiences from her day and make up silly games and stories. Her imagination gets stronger every day, and she is constantly fascinated with the world around her. I'm not really enjoying much of her three-ness right now, but I wouldn't give it up for the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment